OTM - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on OTM - Veritas Net Backup ; I am using Netbackup 3.2 on NT 4.0 with SP6a. When OTM is enabled backups just sit there and never start writing. I have pushed up the initial cache size to 1024mb and set the max cache size to 0. ...

  1. OTM

    I am using Netbackup 3.2 on NT 4.0 with SP6a. When OTM is enabled backups
    just sit there and never start writing. I have pushed up the initial cache
    size to 1024mb and set the max cache size to 0. I shows that it is waiting
    to begin writing but does not. It does not quit either. Any Ideas? I had
    veritas onsite and they were more interested in selling me a solution for
    our SAN than looking at the actual problem.

  2. Re: OTM

    I would suggest changing both of those setting to 0.
    Make sure your have at least %10 free disk space if you
    do this.

    -JC

+ Reply to Thread