Client IDR problem... - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Client IDR problem... - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi there, Running Netbackup 3.4 on a win2k Master server, i have the following problem: when trying to execute 'Disaster recovery wizard' from my client servers I get the following error message: '''''It has been determined that the IDR license ...

  1. Client IDR problem...

    Hi there,
    Running Netbackup 3.4 on a win2k Master server, i have the following
    problem:
    when trying to execute 'Disaster recovery wizard' from my client servers I
    get the following error message:

    '''''It has been determined that the IDR license has not been installled on
    the master server. The application will now exit'''''

    I have double checked my license keyes on my maser server and removed and
    addedd them again - my Server license automatically adds 'IDR' and Base
    Netbackup... still same problem persists. This however only affects some
    client servers..others are working fine...
    Any ideas?
    thanks in advance..

  2. Re: Client IDR problem...

    Anton wrote:

    > Hi there,
    > Running Netbackup 3.4 on a win2k Master server, i have the following
    > problem:
    > when trying to execute 'Disaster recovery wizard' from my client servers I
    > get the following error message:
    >
    > '''''It has been determined that the IDR license has not been installled on
    > the master server. The application will now exit'''''
    >
    > I have double checked my license keyes on my maser server and removed and
    > addedd them again - my Server license automatically adds 'IDR' and Base
    > Netbackup... still same problem persists. This however only affects some
    > client servers..others are working fine...
    > Any ideas?
    > thanks in advance..

    When I've encountered that error, any one or combination of following should be
    checked:

    1. make sure the client is register in the DNS server.
    2. check the netbackup master and any media server names to make sure they are
    listed correctly.
    3. Does the client name match the client in class that backs up this client?
    4. With a window NT or 2000 client, make sure the "DNS suffix" for the current
    TCP/IP adapter is set correctly. You find this on the same screen that lets
    you configure the DNS server IP entries. I know if this is not set, the client
    and server won't talk with each other a lot of times.

    these are just some things that I've done to fix this problem before. Hope it
    helps.

    --
    Dan Hammond
    danh@oz.net