Install Problem - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Install Problem - Veritas Net Backup ; I installed NetBackUp 3.2 for NT and a Compaq ProLiant DL380. There is nothing else installed. When I completed the install and open either Backup Policy Manager or Storage Unit Management I get the following error message: "The list of ...

  1. Install Problem

    I installed NetBackUp 3.2 for NT and a Compaq ProLiant DL380. There is
    nothing else installed. When I completed the install and open either Backup
    Policy Manager or Storage Unit Management I get the following error message:

    "The list of storage units could not be retrieved, status: 37 operation
    requested by an invalid server"

    I took the all the defaults during the installation.

    Can anyone provide some insight?

    -matt

  2. Re: Install Problem

    sounds like a naming or networking issue - did u put name of server in bp.conf,
    is tcp/ip working ok?

    --
    Joe Mannion
    Dept of Public Safety

  3. Re: Install Problem

    tcp/ip is working normally. i cannot find a bp.conf file.

    "Joseph Mannion" wrote in message
    > sounds like a naming or networking issue - did u put name of server in

    bp.conf,
    > is tcp/ip working ok?
    >
    > Matthew Bailey wrote:
    >
    > > I installed NetBackUp 3.2 for NT and a Compaq ProLiant DL380. There is
    > > nothing else installed. When I completed the install and open either

    Backup
    > > Policy Manager or Storage Unit Management I get the following error

    message:

    > > "The list of storage units could not be retrieved, status: 37 operation
    > > requested by an invalid server"
    > >
    > > I took the all the defaults during the installation.
    > >
    > > Can anyone provide some insight?
    > >
    > > -matt

    > --
    > Joe Mannion
    > Dept of Public Safety
    > State of Alaska
    > Ph: (907)269-5703
    > Fax907)269-5617

  4. Re: Install Problem

    use bpclntcmd.exe to troubleshoot resolution to the master server.

    this could tell you where it is failing..

    Also you may want to check if your server has a forward and reverse name
    lookup in your DNS server. This one is a must in order to resolve the name
    of the master server.

    Luis

    "Matthew Bailey" wrote in message
    > I installed NetBackUp 3.2 for NT and a Compaq ProLiant DL380. There is
    > nothing else installed. When I completed the install and open either

    Backup
    > Policy Manager or Storage Unit Management I get the following error

    message:

    > "The list of storage units could not be retrieved, status: 37 operation
    > requested by an invalid server"
    >
    > I took the all the defaults during the installation.
    >
    > Can anyone provide some insight?
    >
    > -matt

+ Reply to Thread