NetBackup Datacenter and BusinessServer - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on NetBackup Datacenter and BusinessServer - Veritas Net Backup ; I have several servers at a co-location area that backed-up using Netbackup DataCenter. When I try to read the tape using BackupExec the tape are not recognized in my DLT autoloader. My question is will NetBackup Business Server recognize the ...

  1. NetBackup Datacenter and BusinessServer

    I have several servers at a co-location area that backed-up using Netbackup
    DataCenter. When I try to read the tape using BackupExec the tape are not
    recognized in my DLT autoloader. My question is will NetBackup Business
    Server recognize the formating of the tapes so that I will be able to
    restore the data if needed or do I need to purchase the DataCenter version.

    Eric
    edearth@hubbardonline.com

  2. Re: NetBackup Datacenter and BusinessServer

    BackupExec and NetBackup use completely different protocols for reading and
    writing to their tapes. My guess is that someday the two will be the same
    but not any time soon. But who knows. It would seem like it would be a
    while before the two products ever really merged. I would purchase the
    datacenter and be done with it. It will be a lot less headache in the
    future when you really need to restore something and you were not prepared.

    Joe.

    "Eric" wrote in message
    > I have several servers at a co-location area that backed-up using

    Netbackup
    > DataCenter. When I try to read the tape using BackupExec the tape are not
    > recognized in my DLT autoloader. My question is will NetBackup Business
    > Server recognize the formating of the tapes so that I will be able to
    > restore the data if needed or do I need to purchase the DataCenter

    version.

    > Eric
    > edearth@hubbardonline.com

+ Reply to Thread