Questions on NetBackup Server and Testing DLT Tapes - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Questions on NetBackup Server and Testing DLT Tapes - Veritas Net Backup ; I have several questions on NetBackup Server: 1) Will version 3.2 client and server work with Windows 2000? 2) I need to find a way to test DLT Type IV media in a DLT 4000 tape drive, then report on ...

  1. Questions on NetBackup Server and Testing DLT Tapes

    I have several questions on NetBackup Server:

    1) Will version 3.2 client and server work with Windows 2000?

    2) I need to find a way to test DLT Type IV media in a DLT 4000 tape drive,
    then report on the soft and hard errors after the test ends. Does any
    version of NetBackup enable this kind of testing of tapes?

    --
    Will

    NOTE: To reply, CHANGE the username to westes AT uscsw.com

  2. Re: Questions on NetBackup Server and Testing DLT Tapes

    Your first question:
    3.2 client is not supported for Windows 2000. That support came for NB
    3.4 GA. I do believe that I have seen many people get this config running.
    I have got it running as well. They had some problems where the patches
    were not able to install correctly. But I think that with the latest patch
    rev they figured that problem out and fixed it. There was also a problem
    where if you had 3.2 installed with OTM running, and you installed/upgraded
    to windows 2000, it would blue screen the box. Something was not able to
    work with OTM I guess. But if you take WIN2000 and put a fresh install of
    NBU 3.2 GA on top of it, it should work fine.

    Like I said the only problems you may have is when you try to call
    support. They told me that it was unsupported and that I need to upgrade.
    I guess that is just as well any ways. There are better features in 3.4. )

    Joe.

    "CHANGE username to just westes" wrote in message
    > I have several questions on NetBackup Server:
    >
    > 1) Will version 3.2 client and server work with Windows 2000?
    >
    > 2) I need to find a way to test DLT Type IV media in a DLT 4000 tape

    drive,
    > then report on the soft and hard errors after the test ends. Does any
    > version of NetBackup enable this kind of testing of tapes?
    >
    > --
    > Will
    >
    > NOTE: To reply, CHANGE the username to westes AT uscsw.com

+ Reply to Thread