BPDBM Application Error - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on BPDBM Application Error - Veritas Net Backup ; bpdbm.exe - Application Error The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application. ============= I have recently installed Netbackup 3.4 Datacenter on 2 Windows 2000 Master servers. The error above is identical on both servers. ...

  1. BPDBM Application Error

    bpdbm.exe - Application Error

    The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to
    terminate the application.

    =============
    I have recently installed Netbackup 3.4 Datacenter on 2 Windows 2000 Master
    servers. The error above is identical on both servers. It appears to occur
    when an application such as nbmon.exe is attempting to refresh it's data.
    but it can occur at other times.

    Things to note: Timbuktu, and Outlook are the only other applications
    loaded that are not part of the Windows 2000 suite. But, Terminal Services
    is installed.

    Does anyone have suggestions?

  2. Re: BPDBM Application Error

    My guess is that you have way too many Jobs in the Activity Monitor. That
    is where I have witnessed this problem. But we are talking about thousands
    of done jobs that are just sitting in there. I did not need the mojority of
    those jobs at any given point so I moved them out of the Jobs DB and placed
    them aside for future reference if I needed to. It made the refresh
    response drop to a nice rate and stopped any DBM problems that I was
    experiencing. It may work for you depending on how many jobs you have in
    the activity monitr.

    Joe User
    Sometimes wrong

    "Luis Baez" wrote in message news:39ceca8e@hronntp01....
    > bpdbm.exe - Application Error
    >
    > The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK

    > terminate the application.
    >
    > =============
    > I have recently installed Netbackup 3.4 Datacenter on 2 Windows 2000

    Master
    > servers. The error above is identical on both servers. It appears to

    occur
    > when an application such as nbmon.exe is attempting to refresh it's data.
    > but it can occur at other times.
    >
    > Things to note: Timbuktu, and Outlook are the only other applications
    > loaded that are not part of the Windows 2000 suite. But, Terminal

    Services
    > is installed.
    >
    > Does anyone have suggestions?

  3. Re: BPDBM Application Error

    Thank you Joe,

    I maintain approximately 300-450 jobs in the activity monitor and it has a
    refresh rate of approximately 30 seconds.

    But my error can occur at any time, regardless of the activity monitor
    status (on or off). I have even seen this error at the nt security screen,
    before logon.

    Although the number of error have been minimized by resolving other
    unrelated DNS errors, they still appear.

    Luis

    > > bpdbm.exe - Application Error
    > >
    > > The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK

    > > terminate the application.
    > >
    > > =============
    > > I have recently installed Netbackup 3.4 Datacenter on 2 Windows 2000

    > Master
    > > servers. The error above is identical on both servers. It appears to

    > occur
    > > when an application such as nbmon.exe is attempting to refresh it's

    data.
    > > but it can occur at other times.
    > >
    > > Things to note: Timbuktu, and Outlook are the only other applications
    > > loaded that are not part of the Windows 2000 suite. But, Terminal

    > Services
    > > is installed.
    > >
    > > Does anyone have suggestions?

  4. Re: BPDBM Application Error

    It is not normal for any binary to encounter this state. it is almost
    happening before the binary is able to start, almost pointing to a OS
    problem or a compiler problem. Does it happen every time or does it
    occasionally start up and run fine? If it happened every time then it may
    be a missing DLL or something. I would check the Event logs(application and
    system) to see if anything shows up in there. The BPDBM log for debuginng
    might show something. It might not either since it may be failing before
    initialization of the binary. I would probably set my verbose level to 3
    for one of your machines. If you are able to reproduce it easily then
    create the \veritas\netbackup\logs\bpdbm directory and see if it logs
    anything about the error.

    Either way it looks like something pretty nasty... I would get all of
    that info and then call VERITAS' support group... maybe they have seen this
    before or something.

    Post back if they have. Maybe it is something new with 3.4 or
    something.

    Joe.

    > > My guess is that you have way too many Jobs in the Activity Monitor.

    That
    > > is where I have witnessed this problem. But we are talking about

    > thousands
    > > of done jobs that are just sitting in there. I did not need the

    mojority
    > of
    > > those jobs at any given point so I moved them out of the Jobs DB and

    > placed
    > > them aside for future reference if I needed to. It made the refresh
    > > response drop to a nice rate and stopped any DBM problems that I was
    > > experiencing. It may work for you depending on how many jobs you have

    in
    > > the activity monitr.
    > >
    > > Joe User
    > > Sometimes wrong
    > >

    > > "Luis Baez" wrote in message

    > > > bpdbm.exe - Application Error
    > > >
    > > > The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on

    OK
    > > > terminate the application.
    > > >
    > > > =============
    > > > I have recently installed Netbackup 3.4 Datacenter on 2 Windows 2000

    > > Master
    > > > servers. The error above is identical on both servers. It appears to

    > > occur
    > > > when an application such as nbmon.exe is attempting to refresh it's

    > data.
    > > > but it can occur at other times.
    > > >
    > > > Things to note: Timbuktu, and Outlook are the only other applications
    > > > loaded that are not part of the Windows 2000 suite. But, Terminal

    > > Services
    > > > is installed.
    > > >
    > > > Does anyone have suggestions?

+ Reply to Thread