SQL Restore - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on SQL Restore - Veritas Net Backup ; We have had some trouble restoring a specific Microsoft SQL DB to a different Microsoft SQL Box with a different name; is this impossible?...

  1. SQL Restore

    We have had some trouble restoring a specific Microsoft SQL DB to a
    different Microsoft SQL Box with a different name; is this impossible?

  2. Re: SQL Restore

    "Eliottt Barlow" wrote:
    >We have had some trouble restoring a specific Microsoft SQL DB to a
    >different Microsoft SQL Box with a different name; is this impossible?

    When I tried the procedure you describe, I got an error like "CreateFile
    32" from the client application.
    My solution was the following:
    On the backup server, in the catalog '/usr/openv/betbackup/db/altnames' you
    must create a file that has same name as the server you want to restore to,
    and in the file you write the name of the server you restore from.
    Ex. you want to restore machine1 to server1. You create a file named server1.dom.com
    (incl. prefix) and in the file you write machine1.dom.com. That will make
    your backup server allow the restore to start.

    Regards,
    Robert.

+ Reply to Thread