OTM problems - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on OTM problems - Veritas Net Backup ; I'm having trouble getting OTM to work correctly! It produces an error on a file (not always the same one)and causes the backup to abort with status 11 (system call failure). Any help or documentation that anyone has would be ...

  1. OTM problems

    I'm having trouble getting OTM to work correctly! It produces an error on
    a file (not always the same one)and causes the backup to abort with status
    11 (system call failure).

    Any help or documentation that anyone has would be appreciated! Thanks a
    lot!

    Nick Trussell
    MIS Research In Motion
    Kitchener On. Canada

  2. Re: OTM problems

    This is caused by the OTM cache sizes being too small (the defaults are useless).
    Increase the initial OTM cache size to something like 200MB or more (depending
    on the size of your server, I have 1024MB initial for some of mine) and you
    can set the maximum to zero. This will cause the cache to grow as necessary
    with no maximum. If you like (as I do), you can set a maximum of something
    like 2048MB.

    This fixed the problem for me.

    THANKS
    RICH

    "Nick Trussell" wrote:

    >I'm having trouble getting OTM to work correctly! It produces an error on
    >a file (not always the same one)and causes the backup to abort with status
    >11 (system call failure).
    >
    >Any help or documentation that anyone has would be appreciated! Thanks a
    >lot!
    >
    >Nick Trussell
    >MIS Research In Motion
    >Kitchener On. Canada

  3. Re: OTM problems

    Thanks a lot Richard. I'll try that and see how goes. I've noticed in the
    bpbkar log (just now!) this GetFileSecurity Failed (win32 5: Access is Denied)will
    happen a lot of times right before an "unknown error" which shuts it down.

    "Richard Doogan" wrote:

    >This is caused by the OTM cache sizes being too small (the defaults are

    useless).
    >Increase the initial OTM cache size to something like 200MB or more (depending
    >on the size of your server, I have 1024MB initial for some of mine) and

    you
    >can set the maximum to zero. This will cause the cache to grow as necessary
    >with no maximum. If you like (as I do), you can set a maximum of something
    >like 2048MB.
    >
    >This fixed the problem for me.
    >

    >THANKS
    >RICH
    >
    >"Nick Trussell" wrote:
    >>
    >>I'm having trouble getting OTM to work correctly! It produces an error

    on
    >>a file (not always the same one)and causes the backup to abort with status
    >>11 (system call failure).
    >>
    >>Any help or documentation that anyone has would be appreciated! Thanks

    >>lot!
    >>
    >>Nick Trussell
    >>MIS Research In Motion
    >>Kitchener On. Canada