timed out connecting to client error 54 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on timed out connecting to client error 54 - Veritas Net Backup ; I installed on my test NT network and everything worked fine now on all my production machines i get this error with every client. The machines all see each other fine. I upped all the timeouts to a high setting ...

  1. timed out connecting to client error 54

    I installed on my test NT network and everything worked fine now on all my
    production machines i get this error with every client. The machines all
    see each other fine. I upped all the timeouts to a high setting but for some
    reason the server just will not see the clients on the other machines even
    though when i run a backup attempt from the client the server sees the request
    coning in from the client in the activity monitor. It's like the clients
    can see the server fine but not the reverse.

  2. Re: timed out connecting to client error 54

    This may sound dumb but did you make sure the netbackup client service on
    the clients is running? It's possible that it was set to manual rather then
    automatic so if a machine was rebooted it wouldn't accept requests from your
    backup server.

    "hotmail.com" wrote:

    >I installed on my test NT network and everything worked fine now on all

    my
    >production machines i get this error with every client. The machines all
    >see each other fine. I upped all the timeouts to a high setting but for

    some
    >reason the server just will not see the clients on the other machines even
    >though when i run a backup attempt from the client the server sees the request
    >coning in from the client in the activity monitor. It's like the clients
    >can see the server fine but not the reverse.

+ Reply to Thread