Point-In-Time Restore Failure - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Point-In-Time Restore Failure - Veritas Net Backup ; Running NetBackup for SQL Server (Version 3.2GA), and receiving an error when I try to restore a transaction log to a specific point-in-time. I can successfully restore if I apply the entire transaction log, but when I set the "stop ...

  1. Point-In-Time Restore Failure

    Running NetBackup for SQL Server (Version 3.2GA), and receiving an error when
    I try to restore a transaction log to a specific point-in-time. I can successfully
    restore if I apply the entire transaction log, but when I set the "stop at"
    time the restore errors with the following in the \user_ops\mssql log:

    msg_handler: DBMS MSG - Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'with'.

    The restore command that appears above this line looks like this:

    restore log DBNAME from VIRTUAL_DEVICE='XXXX' with stopat = '20000510 07:33:00'
    with blocksize = 512, maxtransfersize = 65536, buffercount = 1

    Has anyone encountered this???

  2. Re: Point-In-Time Restore Failure

    A ticket was opened with Veritas Support, and they have confirmed this to
    be a bug. We are currently awaiting a fix from Engineering ...

    "Cindy Boehmer" wrote:

    >Running NetBackup for SQL Server (Version 3.2GA), and receiving an error

    when
    >I try to restore a transaction log to a specific point-in-time. I can successfully
    >restore if I apply the entire transaction log, but when I set the "stop

    at"
    >time the restore errors with the following in the \user_ops\mssql log:
    >
    >msg_handler: DBMS MSG - Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'with'.
    >
    >The restore command that appears above this line looks like this:
    >
    >restore log DBNAME from VIRTUAL_DEVICE='XXXX' with stopat = '20000510 07:33:00'
    >with blocksize = 512, maxtransfersize = 65536, buffercount = 1
    >
    >Has anyone encountered this???

+ Reply to Thread