Performance Tuning - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Performance Tuning - Veritas Net Backup ; Does anyone know how I tune the parameters of Netbackup to increase performance? I have NT4 SP6 with an STK L700 and 9840 drives. It is direct SCSI attached via a Adaptec 2944UW SCSI card....

  1. Performance Tuning

    Does anyone know how I tune the parameters of Netbackup to increase
    performance? I have NT4 SP6 with an STK L700 and 9840 drives. It is direct
    SCSI attached via a Adaptec 2944UW SCSI card.

  2. Re: Performance Tuning

    "Chris Holloway" wrote:
    >Does anyone know how I tune the parameters of Netbackup to increase
    >performance? I have NT4 SP6 with an STK L700 and 9840 drives. It is direct
    >SCSI attached via a Adaptec 2944UW SCSI card.

    On what kind of network? if you use 100baseT you stuck at ~ 10MBytes/sec
    or if you prefer 35 MBytes/Hour. Maybe a gigabyte card could help you (~100MBytes/sec).

    AlainRichard@Hotmail.com

+ Reply to Thread