failed backups - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on failed backups - Veritas Net Backup ; I get a failed backup saying connection refused by client. These clients are configured the same as clients that are working...any ideas?...

  1. failed backups

    I get a failed backup saying connection refused by client. These
    clients are configured the same as clients that are working...any ideas?

  2. Re: failed backups

    Did you check to client to make sure that it points to the correct master or
    slave server? Also, are the clients on a different subnet than the master
    or slave? If so, your router could be changing the source address of the IP
    packets and replacing the header with its IP address vs. the clients. This
    will cause the server NOT to authenticate with your NBU clients.

    It would be more helpful if you would send a addendum to your previous email
    stating the error code (i.e.. 46 or 59). Also, state which O/S your clients
    are running.

    In addition, be sure to turn on/up logging so you can "see" what is going on
    between the master/slave and the client(s). Although sometimes vague, error
    messages can be enlightening.

    Regards,

    -jlh
    Sarah Thompson wrote in message

    > I get a failed backup saying connection refused by client. These
    > clients are configured the same as clients that are working...any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread