NTserver hangs - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on NTserver hangs - Veritas Net Backup ; Last night 2 of our NT servers hung. The last entry in the logs is "BPCD Process Started". There is also an "exit status 15" in the BPCD log. Has anyone had a similiar problem? What is an exit status ...

  1. NTserver hangs

    Last night 2 of our NT servers hung. The last entry in the logs is "BPCD Process
    Started". There is also an "exit status 15" in the BPCD log. Has anyone had
    a similiar problem? What is an exit status 15? Could the cache be full and
    hanging the server? Any help would be appreciated as I have been all over
    the Veritas website and have not found anything to really help.

    Joe

  2. Re: NTserver hangs

    Yes, info on web is useless.
    Go to their ftp support site (ftp://raistlin.min.ov.com/pub/patch/ version)and read README files, where are described bugs solved in available
    patches.

    "j Colwell" wrote:

    >Last night 2 of our NT servers hung. The last entry in the logs is "BPCD

    Process
    >Started". There is also an "exit status 15" in the BPCD log. Has anyone

    had
    >a similiar problem? What is an exit status 15? Could the cache be full and
    >hanging the server? Any help would be appreciated as I have been all over
    >the Veritas website and have not found anything to really help.
    >
    >Joe

  3. Re: NTserver hangs

    drive:\veritas\help\nbts_nt.pdf contains the following information
    Status Code: 15
    Message: file close failed
    Explanation: A close of a file or socket failed.
    Recommended Action: Check the NetBackup Problems report for clues on
    where and why the problem occurred. For detailed troubleshooting
    information, create an activity log directory for the process that returned
    this
    status code, retry the operation, and check the resulting activity log.

    Luis Baez
    Cinergy, Server Technology Group.

    j Colwell wrote in message news:3904996e@hronntp01....

    > Last night 2 of our NT servers hung. The last entry in the logs is "BPCD

    Process
    > Started". There is also an "exit status 15" in the BPCD log. Has anyone

    had
    > a similiar problem? What is an exit status 15? Could the cache be full and
    > hanging the server? Any help would be appreciated as I have been all over
    > the Veritas website and have not found anything to really help.
    >
    > Joe

+ Reply to Thread