size of catalog - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on size of catalog - Veritas Net Backup ; How much disk space does your catalog occupy? We will be rolling out NetBackup on NT and I'm trying to estimate the disk space used by the catalog. Veritas is telling us that we should size our catalog (disk space) ...

  1. size of catalog

    How much disk space does your catalog occupy?

    We will be rolling out NetBackup on NT and I'm trying to estimate the disk
    space used by the catalog. Veritas is telling us that we should size our
    catalog (disk space) based on the capacity of the tape library. I think
    that it should be based on the number of files being backed up. Do you have
    any figures on this?

    Clovis

  2. Re: size of catalog

    I cannot remember the specifics but a formula can be found in the NetBackup
    Media Mgmt. manual.

    Hope this gets you going in the right direction.

    Cheers,

    jlh
    Clovis Khoury wrote in message

    > How much disk space does your catalog occupy?
    >
    > We will be rolling out NetBackup on NT and I'm trying to estimate the disk
    > space used by the catalog. Veritas is telling us that we should size our
    > catalog (disk space) based on the capacity of the tape library. I think
    > that it should be based on the number of files being backed up. Do you

    have
    > any figures on this?
    >
    > Clovis

+ Reply to Thread