Quantum DLT 7000 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Quantum DLT 7000 - Veritas Net Backup ; I'm trying to get NetBackup to work w/ a ADIC DLT 700 w/ a Quantum DLT 7000 autoloader. I just can't get it to work. Any suggestions? I'm running NT 4 sp 6, firmware 0305. thanks, MJ...

  1. Quantum DLT 7000

    I'm trying to get NetBackup to work w/ a ADIC DLT 700 w/ a
    Quantum DLT 7000 autoloader.

    I just can't get it to work. Any suggestions?
    I'm running NT 4 sp 6, firmware 0305.

    thanks,
    MJ

  2. Re: Quantum DLT 7000

    responding to myself..
    I got it working. had to reinstall NetBackup and configure
    the ADIC as a Tape Stacker instead of a Tape Library.
    I'm going to be reconfiguring everything using NDMP and hooking
    it up to a Net App box. I'll post again saying how it went
    and what i did.

    "MJ" wrote:

    >I'm trying to get NetBackup to work w/ a ADIC DLT 700 w/ a
    >Quantum DLT 7000 autoloader.
    >
    >I just can't get it to work. Any suggestions?
    >I'm running NT 4 sp 6, firmware 0305.
    >
    >thanks,
    > MJ

  3. Re: Quantum DLT 7000

    Why are you using Netbackup? I use a DLT 7000 with autoloader and Backup
    Exec. Seems to work fine. I though Netbackup is the product for SAN's and
    NAS's and also works with NDMP (Network Data Management Protocol) to backup
    net apps.
    -Gary

    "MJ" wrote:

    >I'm trying to get NetBackup to work w/ a ADIC DLT 700 w/ a
    >Quantum DLT 7000 autoloader.
    >
    >I just can't get it to work. Any suggestions?
    >I'm running NT 4 sp 6, firmware 0305.
    >
    >thanks,
    > MJ

+ Reply to Thread