Windows2000 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Windows2000 - Veritas Net Backup ; I have Netbackup running on a Windows 2000 server and am wondering a couple of things, does anyone know if it is fully compatible? Any known issues? Will it back up the Active Directory?...

  1. Windows2000

    I have Netbackup running on a Windows 2000 server and am wondering a couple
    of things, does anyone know if it is fully compatible? Any known issues?
    Will it back up the Active Directory?

  2. Re: Windows2000

    "Chewie" wrote:
    >I have Netbackup running on a Windows 2000 server and am wondering a couple
    >of things, does anyone know if it is fully compatible? Any known issues?
    >Will it back up the Active Directory?

    I will be the bearer of bad news: NetBackup 3.2 and below DO NOT support
    Windows 2000 (aka NT 5.0) and Active Directory. If you get on Veritas e-mail
    notification list, they will send you auto updates that will tell you when
    they will be ready for Windows 2000. Do yourself a big favor and completely
    remove NetBackup from Windows 2000. You will get undesirable results, such
    as blue screens. Sit tight and Veritas will tell you when NetBackup will
    be ready for Windows 2000.

  3. Re: Windows2000

    Monte Kasper wrote in message <38c3d48a@hronntp01.>...

    >"Chewie" wrote:
    >>I have Netbackup running on a Windows 2000 server and am wondering a

    couple
    >>of things, does anyone know if it is fully compatible? Any known issues?
    >>Will it back up the Active Directory?
    >>

    >I will be the bearer of bad news: NetBackup 3.2 and below DO NOT support
    >Windows 2000 (aka NT 5.0) and Active Directory. If you get on Veritas

    e-mail
    >notification list, they will send you auto updates that will tell you when
    >they will be ready for Windows 2000. Do yourself a big favor and completely
    >remove NetBackup from Windows 2000. You will get undesirable results, such
    >as blue screens. Sit tight and Veritas will tell you when NetBackup will
    >be ready for Windows 2000.

    I received the following e-mail from Veritas on 3/6/00...

    VERITAS Software
    ** NetBackup Update for Beta Applications **

    RE: NetBackup 3.4 Beta Applications Now Available

    NetBackup 3.4 will be ready for beta testing shortly. NetBackup 3.4
    introduces Windows 2000 client and server support, FlashBackup on HP/UX,
    new wizards for easier configuration, compression for Windows
    NT/95/98/Netware clients, Exchange individual mailbox backup and restore,
    and more.

    NetBackup 3.4 will be available in two versions - NetBackup DataCenter (the
    successor to NetBackup 3.2), our leading enterprise backup solution; and
    NetBackup BusinesServer, our new workgroup-focused solution.

    For information on VERITAS beta programs, and to apply to be a beta site,
    go to:

    http://beta.veritas.com/

  4. Re: Windows2000

    Veritas does have backup exec for WindowsNT /2000 v.8.0 that may solve your
    issue with Veritas and NT. I also agree that you should remove the veritas
    off Windows 2000 or suffer unstability like you'd never imagine.

    "Monte Kasper" wrote:

    >"Chewie" wrote:
    >>I have Netbackup running on a Windows 2000 server and am wondering a couple
    >>of things, does anyone know if it is fully compatible? Any known issues?
    >>Will it back up the Active Directory?
    >>

    >I will be the bearer of bad news: NetBackup 3.2 and below DO NOT support
    >Windows 2000 (aka NT 5.0) and Active Directory. If you get on Veritas e-mail
    >notification list, they will send you auto updates that will tell you when
    >they will be ready for Windows 2000. Do yourself a big favor and completely
    >remove NetBackup from Windows 2000. You will get undesirable results, such
    >as blue screens. Sit tight and Veritas will tell you when NetBackup will
    >be ready for Windows 2000.

+ Reply to Thread