UNIX master, NT admin client - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on UNIX master, NT admin client - Veritas Net Backup ; I am trying to setup Netbackup with the following configuration: a UNIX master server and a NT administrative client. The master server works great; backups and restores are fine. I installed the NT Admin client software on the NT machine ...

  1. UNIX master, NT admin client

    I am trying to setup Netbackup with the following configuration: a UNIX master
    server and a NT administrative client. The master server works great; backups
    and restores are fine. I installed the NT Admin client software on the NT
    machine but it will not connect to the master server and if I try to run
    a backup I get error 25. I have added the NT machine to the client list on
    the master server, but still no luck. Do I need to add the NT machine in
    the bp.conf file as a server?? Any help would be great.
    Thanks
    Gary

  2. Re: UNIX master, NT admin client

    You do need to add your Admin Client name as a server in the bp.conf file.
    Make sure that you add it to the bottom otherwise Veritas assumes that your
    Client is a slave. We are running with a Unix Master backing up NT & Unix
    servers. I have the NT Admin client on my workstation. You also have to
    add your workstation name to the bp.conf file on all slave servers.

+ Reply to Thread