Re: OTM memory leak? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Re: OTM memory leak? - Veritas Net Backup ; "Dave Pearson" wrote: > >"Dave Race" wrote: >> >>Have any of you folks experienced a memory leak problem with OTM >>NT 4.0 SP3? I have recieved a couple of suspicious reports from >>my customers that my indicate a problem. >> ...

  1. Re: OTM memory leak?

    "Dave Pearson" wrote:

    >"Dave Race" wrote:
    >>
    >>Have any of you folks experienced a memory leak problem with OTM
    >>NT 4.0 SP3? I have recieved a couple of suspicious reports from
    >>my customers that my indicate a problem.
    >>
    >>Thanks.

    >Dave,
    >
    >We have an NT 4.0 SP5 server running SMS 2.0 which crashed last night just
    >after starting its backup. This happened twice so we turned off OTM and

    skipped
    >locked files; the server stayed up and the backup went through fine. This
    >obviously needs further investigation but I thought I'd let you know.
    >
    >Dave.

    I also experienced a problem with OTM. I believe that this issue was resolved
    with the latest patch. Also, there is a way to set the cache file size for
    the OTM data in use to something beyond the default, thus allowing for a
    successfull job completion.

    Andrew.

  2. Re: OTM memory leak?

    "Andrew Mostovoy" wrote:

    >"Dave Pearson" wrote:
    >>
    >>"Dave Race" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Have any of you folks experienced a memory leak problem with OTM
    >>>NT 4.0 SP3? I have recieved a couple of suspicious reports from
    >>>my customers that my indicate a problem.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks.

    >>Dave,
    >>
    >>We have an NT 4.0 SP5 server running SMS 2.0 which crashed last night just
    >>after starting its backup. This happened twice so we turned off OTM and

    >skipped
    >>locked files; the server stayed up and the backup went through fine. This
    >>obviously needs further investigation but I thought I'd let you know.
    >>
    >>Dave.

    >I also experienced a problem with OTM. I believe that this issue was resolved
    >with the latest patch. Also, there is a way to set the cache file size

    for
    >the OTM data in use to something beyond the default, thus allowing for a
    >successfull job completion.
    >
    >Andrew.

    The max cache size and most other settings for OTM can be changed in the
    registry on the client under the keys local_machine/software/veritas/netbackup/currentversion/configuration/
    you'll find a bunch of OTM things that you can tweak. I think someone was
    illuding to that but there it is in full.

+ Reply to Thread