Error Code Listing - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Error Code Listing - Veritas Net Backup ; I am trying to locate a complete list of error codes and definitions for Netbackup version 3.2. I have one system failing nightly backups with an error 14 "Write Failed". Searched the database and the online help but came up ...

  1. Error Code Listing

    I am trying to locate a complete list of error codes and definitions for Netbackup
    version 3.2. I have one system failing nightly backups with an error 14
    "Write Failed". Searched the database and the online help but came up empty.
    This only happens in one class with five clients. The other four clients
    complete without incident.

    Thanks
    Ron

  2. Re: Error Code Listing

    Ron Lussow wrote:

    > I am trying to locate a complete list of error codes and definitions for Netbackup
    > version 3.2. I have one system failing nightly backups with an error 14
    > "Write Failed". Searched the database and the online help but came up empty.
    > This only happens in one class with five clients. The other four clients
    > complete without incident.

    did you check the troubleshooting guide ?

    fx

    --
    fx@4js.com | First snow, then silence.
    François-Xavier Peretmere | This thousand dollar screen

  3. Re: Error Code Listing

    "Ron Lussow" wrote:

    >I am trying to locate a complete list of error codes and definitions for

    Netbackup
    >version 3.2. I have one system failing nightly backups with an error 14
    >"Write Failed". Searched the database and the online help but came up empty.
    > This only happens in one class with five clients. The other four clients
    >complete without incident.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Ron

    Ron,
    From the error list:
    Explanation: A write to a file or socket failed.
    Suggests setting up an activity log directory and restarting the process.
    Possible causes: I/O error-Network problem-Writing to a full disk partition.

    I am having the same problem for on volume on a one server. The info I have
    on the code as not provided me with any clues. Let me know if you find any
    thing, I'll do the same.

+ Reply to Thread