Registry Backups/Restores - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Registry Backups/Restores - Veritas Net Backup ; We are backing up NT servers, using a Unix box for the master and NT boxes for the slaves. Does anyone know how to backup and restore the NT registry? Can't find any info... Thanks!...

  1. Registry Backups/Restores

    We are backing up NT servers, using a Unix box for the master and NT boxes
    for the slaves. Does anyone know how to backup and restore the NT registry?

    Can't find any info...

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Registry Backups/Restores

    "Garrett Coffman" wrote:

    >We are backing up NT servers, using a Unix box for the master and NT boxes
    >for the slaves. Does anyone know how to backup and restore the NT registry?
    >
    >Can't find any info...
    >
    >Thanks!

    Actually there are 2 ways to backup the registry in NetBackup.
    1 Is the most common which is to backup the files located in the %systemroot%\system32\config.
    2 backup the HKEY entry’s, by specifying these explicitly in the files area
    of the client policy. e.g.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE:\
    HKEY_USERS:\
    This will give you the ability to restore individual keys.

    Look on page 86-87 in the Windows NT Server – System Admin Guide.

    Chris
    PS I created a class just for Registry keys and limit the expiration times
    and backup frequency.

+ Reply to Thread