Configuring NB Linux Client For Windows Master Server - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Configuring NB Linux Client For Windows Master Server - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi All, I'm new to Netbackup and struggling to get this up and running. There are two Servers, one running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition while the other runs Linux Redhat AS 4 housing the database (mysql). I installed the ...

  1. Configuring NB Linux Client For Windows Master Server

    Hi All,

    I'm new to Netbackup and struggling to get this up and running.

    There are two Servers, one running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
    while the other runs Linux Redhat AS 4 housing the database (mysql).

    I installed the netbackup server on Windows 2003 box and this worked perfectly,
    also installed the netbackup linux client and PBX on the linux box, the problem
    now is i can't get the netbackup server to connect to the client from the
    add client list in on the NB Server, it was giving an error messenge that
    it can't connect on socket and later on started giving me this error messenge:
    cannot write on socket.

    Can anyone help out.

    Thank you,
    Momodu

  2. Re: Configuring NB Linux Client For Windows Master Server

    Hi Momodu,

    Lookup the "bpclntcmd" command. It uses exactly the same name vs IP address
    lokkup and reverse lookup that the client and servers do. So, the first
    thing to do, is always confirm that the NetBackup client and servers modules
    on both sides can see each other side.

    From the client try:
    bpclntcmd -hn server-name
    bpclntcmd -ip server.ip.add.ress

    and likewise from the server to the client:
    bpclntcmd -hn client-name
    bpclntcmd -ip client.ip.add.ress

    If these work then next thing to check is firewall rules.

    If the commands above do not work, you need to ensure that both the server
    and client names are either:
    a) in DNS and reverse DNS - and prefereably have static IPs.
    ....or...
    b) both the client and server names are in each machines "hosts" files.

    HTH,
    regards,
    Dave.

    "Momodu Kabir Oyakhilome" wrote in message

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I'm new to Netbackup and struggling to get this up and running.
    >
    > There are two Servers, one running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
    > while the other runs Linux Redhat AS 4 housing the database (mysql).
    >
    > I installed the netbackup server on Windows 2003 box and this worked
    > perfectly,
    > also installed the netbackup linux client and PBX on the linux box, the
    > problem
    > now is i can't get the netbackup server to connect to the client from the
    > add client list in on the NB Server, it was giving an error messenge that
    > it can't connect on socket and later on started giving me this error
    > messenge:
    > cannot write on socket.
    >
    > Can anyone help out.
    >
    > Thank you,