Unable to browse and select files for restore from client - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Unable to browse and select files for restore from client - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, This sure sound dump. Just installed a Netbackup Server on Sun Solaris with a client on the same machine. Backup runs when we force a "manual backup" by right clicking on one of the policies we created. When we ...

  1. Unable to browse and select files for restore from client

    Hi,

    This sure sound dump. Just installed a Netbackup Server on Sun Solaris with
    a client on the same machine. Backup runs when we force a "manual backup"
    by right clicking on one of the policies we created.

    When we try to restore, under that window it des not show any backup sets
    or allow us to see any file hirechey etc. No maintainence packs have been
    used.

    nterestingly we tried to simulate the same using Netbackup 5.1 on a Windows
    machine, it works fine, whats confusing is that even if BROWSE and RESTORE
    is set to DENY BOTH, the client on the backup server is able to do both.
    Is this norma ?

    Our REA problem is the Unix 5.0 which does not allow us to select files for
    restores.

    HELP !!!

    Chalaml

  2. Re: Unable to browse and select files for restore from client

    Make sure that in the restore gui you have typed the name of the
    client correctly and that you have specified the correct policy type.

    Jeff

    On 11 May 2005 10:00:11 -0500, "Chalam" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >This sure sound dump. Just installed a Netbackup Server on Sun Solaris with
    >a client on the same machine. Backup runs when we force a "manual backup"
    >by right clicking on one of the policies we created.
    >
    >When we try to restore, under that window it des not show any backup sets
    >or allow us to see any file hirechey etc. No maintainence packs have been
    >used.
    >
    >nterestingly we tried to simulate the same using Netbackup 5.1 on a Windows
    >machine, it works fine, whats confusing is that even if BROWSE and RESTORE
    >is set to DENY BOTH, the client on the backup server is able to do both.
    >Is this norma ?
    >
    >Our REA problem is the Unix 5.0 which does not allow us to select files for
    >restores.
    >
    >HELP !!!
    >
    >Chalaml

+ Reply to Thread