Email after completion - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Email after completion - Veritas Net Backup ; Running NetBackup 5.1 on RH AS3 I've added my email address to the feild in the global attributes page, but I still don't get notifications that a scheduled job has completed. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks....

  1. Email after completion

    Running NetBackup 5.1 on RH AS3

    I've added my email address to the feild in the global attributes page, but I still don't get notifications that a scheduled job has completed. Is there something I'm missing?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Email after completion

    Yes, in order to be e-mailed regarding the status of jobs you will
    need to install and configure blat. Here is a link to a technote on
    setting up e-mail notification:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/254809

    Jeff

    On Wed, 4 May 2005 10:49:36 -0600, "Elrey" wrote:

    >Running NetBackup 5.1 on RH AS3
    >
    >I've added my email address to the feild in the global attributes page, but I still don't get notifications that a scheduled job has completed. Is there something I'm missing?
    >
    >Thanks.

  3. Re: Email after completion

    Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

    "Jeff Redington" wrote in message
    > Yes, in order to be e-mailed regarding the status of jobs you will
    > need to install and configure blat. Here is a link to a technote on
    > setting up e-mail notification:
    >
    > http://support.veritas.com/docs/254809
    >
    > Jeff
    >
    > On Wed, 4 May 2005 10:49:36 -0600, "Elrey" wrote:
    >
    >>Running NetBackup 5.1 on RH AS3
    >>
    >>I've added my email address to the feild in the global attributes page,
    >>but I still don't get notifications that a scheduled job has completed.
    >>Is there something I'm missing?
    >>
    >>Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread