Ltid loop error in /var/adm/messages - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Ltid loop error in /var/adm/messages - Veritas Net Backup ; Support.veritas.com turned nothing up on searching for this, but that's par for the course for me with that engine. I get the following messages constantly in my /var/adm/messages file. Ton's of 'em. The numbers change slightly from time to time, ...

  1. Ltid loop error in /var/adm/messages

    Support.veritas.com turned nothing up on searching for this, but that's par
    for the course for me with that engine.

    I get the following messages constantly in my /var/adm/messages file. Ton's
    of 'em. The numbers change slightly from time to time, but the sytnax of the
    message is always the same:

    ltid[625]: [ID 597664 daemon.notice] LtidMainLoop: Pid=18979,
    Data.Pid=18979, Type=13, Param1=0, Param2=0, LongParam=0

    Any clue at all what this means? I'm at a complete loss, I don't even know
    if this is a problem I should be investigating further, or just one of those
    little annoying reminders you can safely ignore. Contacted Sun about this
    error, and they said it's a Netbackup matter (which my support contract
    doesn't cover).

    Thanks for any and all help.

    - Kevin

  2. Re: Ltid loop error in /var/adm/messages

    Hi Kevin,

    A simple answer => "just one of those
    > little annoying reminders you can safely ignore. "

    Best Regards,
    SEB

    "Kevin McDonald" avait soumis l'idée :
    > Support.veritas.com turned nothing up on searching for this, but that's par
    > for the course for me with that engine.
    >
    > I get the following messages constantly in my /var/adm/messages file. Ton's
    > of 'em. The numbers change slightly from time to time, but the sytnax of the
    > message is always the same:
    >

    > ltid[625]: [ID 597664 daemon.notice] LtidMainLoop: Pid=18979,
    > Data.Pid=18979, Type=13, Param1=0, Param2=0, LongParam=0
    >
    > Any clue at all what this means? I'm at a complete loss, I don't even know
    > if this is a problem I should be investigating further, or just one of those
    > little annoying reminders you can safely ignore. Contacted Sun about this
    > error, and they said it's a Netbackup matter (which my support contract
    > doesn't cover).
    >
    > Thanks for any and all help.
    >
    > - Kevin

  3. Re: Ltid loop error in /var/adm/messages

    On 10/14/03 7:19 PM, in article
    mesnews.784f7d3a.59ad565d.7.2520@cstorage.com, "SEB"
    wrote:

    > Hi Kevin,
    >
    > A simple answer => "just one of those
    >> little annoying reminders you can safely ignore. "

    > Best Regards,
    > SEB

    Whew... Thank you!

    - Kevin