Restore by ctime & atime from a Full? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Restore by ctime & atime from a Full? - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello all, I've put in a ticket w/support but thought I'd also ask here, in hopes of some magic. We have a server with 3.8 million files on it. Our soon to be DR site doesn't have the disk space ...

  1. Restore by ctime & atime from a Full?

    Hello all,

    I've put in a ticket w/support but thought I'd
    also ask here, in hopes of some magic.

    We have a server with 3.8 million files on it. Our
    soon to be DR site doesn't have the disk space to
    accomodate everything, so I'm thinking that the
    wisest avenue would be to restore only the files
    that have been accessed or modified in the last 90
    days. (probably 10 to 20 thousand).

    Does anyone know of a way to restore only the files
    that have been accessed or modified in the last 90
    days from a full save?

    Alternately, I think I could grep the atime/ctime from
    the file list in the images directory, but can you feed
    NBU a file_list of 10 to 20 thousand entries on the command
    line?

    Thanks for any guidance,

    Gregg
    ps Running Datacenter 4.5 (MP3) on Solaris 8.
    The server in question is also Solaris 8 w/
    Hitachi disks.

  2. Re: Restore by ctime & atime from a Full?

    VERITAS NetBackup Storage Migrator utilizes HSM techniques

    Gregg MacKinnon wrote:
    >Hello all,
    >
    >I've put in a ticket w/support but thought I'd
    >also ask here, in hopes of some magic.
    >
    >We have a server with 3.8 million files on it. Our
    >soon to be DR site doesn't have the disk space to
    >accomodate everything, so I'm thinking that the
    >wisest avenue would be to restore only the files
    >that have been accessed or modified in the last 90
    >days. (probably 10 to 20 thousand).
    >
    >Does anyone know of a way to restore only the files
    >that have been accessed or modified in the last 90
    >days from a full save?
    >

    >Alternately, I think I could grep the atime/ctime from
    >the file list in the images directory, but can you feed
    >NBU a file_list of 10 to 20 thousand entries on the command
    >line?
    >
    >Thanks for any guidance,
    >
    >Gregg
    >ps Running Datacenter 4.5 (MP3) on Solaris 8.
    > The server in question is also Solaris 8 w/
    > Hitachi disks.

+ Reply to Thread