Duplication of Tape - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Duplication of Tape - Veritas Net Backup ; Do you guys know how to assign drives just for duplication purposes. I have 10 drives. QuantumDLT's. I want 6 for backup and restores, and 4 for duplication. right now I have the 10 drives under the Robot Tape drives ...

  1. Duplication of Tape

    Do you guys know how to assign drives just for duplication purposes.

    I have 10 drives. QuantumDLT's.
    I want 6 for backup and restores, and 4 for duplication.

    right now I have the 10 drives under the Robot Tape drives in media manager.

    Any ideas?

    Netbackup is on solaris 8.

  2. Re: Duplication of Tape

    For duplication create a storage unit with only 4 drives
    another storage unit for the remaining 6
    since when using bpduplicate the destination storage unit needs to be
    specified

    "Iceman" wrote in message news:3ea9bed5$1@hronntp01....
    > Do you guys know how to assign drives just for duplication purposes.
    >
    > I have 10 drives. QuantumDLT's.
    > I want 6 for backup and restores, and 4 for duplication.
    >

    > right now I have the 10 drives under the Robot Tape drives in media

    manager.

    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Netbackup is on solaris 8.

+ Reply to Thread