SAN Backup - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on SAN Backup - Veritas Net Backup ; Guys, anyone knows how can I get Library Attach software that lets an NT media server to communcates with ACSLS!!!!!!!!! we want to test SAN Bakup before we buy the software; and they don't have an evaluation copy available.....

  1. SAN Backup

    Guys, anyone knows how can I get Library Attach software that lets an NT
    media server to communcates with ACSLS!!!!!!!!! we want to test SAN Bakup
    before we buy the software; and they don't have an evaluation copy
    available..

  2. Re: SAN Backup

    Are you using LIB ATTACH now at your site?

    I am fairly certain that you can have NT machines communicate via ACS/LS
    if LIB ATTACH on your mainframe doesn't work.

    David
    David A. Chapa
    DataStaff, Inc.
    312-683-1144
    http://www.BackupScripts.com
    "where script happens"
    Post your questions in our forums

    Co-Author of
    Implementing Backup and Recovery:
    The Readiness Guide for the Enterprise
    published by John Wiley and Sons
    A Veritas Solution Series Publication
    ISBN:0471227145
    ---------------------------------------
    "KAZ" wrote:
    >Guys, anyone knows how can I get Library Attach software that lets an NT
    >media server to communcates with ACSLS!!!!!!!!! we want to test SAN Bakup
    >before we buy the software; and they don't have an evaluation copy
    >available..

  3. Re: SAN Backup

    libattach from StorageTek (if its a stk library). Its a couple thousand
    dollars though. I would think they would let you try it out first.

    KAZ wrote:
    > Guys, anyone knows how can I get Library Attach software that lets an NT
    > media server to communcates with ACSLS!!!!!!!!! we want to test SAN Bakup
    > before we buy the software; and they don't have an evaluation copy
    > available..

+ Reply to Thread