Retries for backups... - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Retries for backups... - Veritas Net Backup ; Does any one know a method of overriding the global config for the number of times/reties a backup can attempt even if it is scheduled in NetBackup. i.e. all classes are obligated to run for the number of tries example ...

  1. Retries for backups...

    Does any one know a method of overriding the global config for
    the number of times/reties a backup can attempt even if it is
    scheduled in NetBackup.

    i.e. all classes are obligated to run for the number of tries
    example 3 times in 2 hours in the Global Config of a Master
    Server and that may be ok for most of the backups, however, if I
    specifically want to run a backup once and once only, but still
    want to schedule the backup in NetBackup class schedule...is
    this achievable...?

    Chris Angeli

  2. Re: Retries for backups...

    Yes and no,
    user directed backups will only run once.
    But you would have to use cron or some other scedule to initiate it.

    "Chris Angeli" wrote:

    >Does any one know a method of overriding the global config for
    >the number of times/reties a backup can attempt even if it is
    >scheduled in NetBackup.
    >
    >i.e. all classes are obligated to run for the number of tries
    >example 3 times in 2 hours in the Global Config of a Master
    >Server and that may be ok for most of the backups, however, if I
    >specifically want to run a backup once and once only, but still
    >want to schedule the backup in NetBackup class schedule...is
    >this achievable...?
    >

    > Chris Angeli

  3. Re: Retries for backups...

    Bob....
    Is there no way to do it internally...? from bpadm or java..?

    Chris

    "Bob Stump" wrote:

    >Yes and no,
    >user directed backups will only run once.
    >But you would have to use cron or some other scedule to initiate it.
    >

    >"Chris Angeli" wrote:
    >>
    >>Does any one know a method of overriding the global config for
    >>the number of times/reties a backup can attempt even if it is
    >>scheduled in NetBackup.
    >>
    >>i.e. all classes are obligated to run for the number of tries
    >>example 3 times in 2 hours in the Global Config of a Master
    >>Server and that may be ok for most of the backups, however, if I
    >>specifically want to run a backup once and once only, but still
    >>want to schedule the backup in NetBackup class schedule...is
    >>this achievable...?
    >>

    >> Chris Angeli

  4. Re: Retries for backups...

    "Chris Angeli" wrote:

    >Bob....
    >Is there no way to do it internally...? from bpadm or java..?
    >
    > Chris
    >
    >"Bob Stump" wrote:
    >>
    >>Yes and no,
    >>user directed backups will only run once.
    >>But you would have to use cron or some other scedule to initiate it.
    >>

    >>"Chris Angeli" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Does any one know a method of overriding the global config for
    >>>the number of times/reties a backup can attempt even if it is
    >>>scheduled in NetBackup.
    >>>
    >>>i.e. all classes are obligated to run for the number of tries
    >>>example 3 times in 2 hours in the Global Config of a Master
    >>>Server and that may be ok for most of the backups, however, if I
    >>>specifically want to run a backup once and once only, but still
    >>>want to schedule the backup in NetBackup class schedule...is
    >>>this achievable...?
    >>>

    >>> Chris Angeli

    >no

  5. Re: Retries for backups...

    Xaneslandofnod isnt george, his name is damian... and as for there being another
    Chris Angeli doing cisco, i very much doubt it.

    "George" wrote:

    >"Chris Angeli" wrote:
    >>
    >>Bob....
    >>Is there no way to do it internally...? from bpadm or java..?
    >>
    >> Chris
    >>
    >>"Bob Stump" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Yes and no,
    >>>user directed backups will only run once.
    >>>But you would have to use cron or some other scedule to initiate it.

    >>no

  6. Re: Retries for backups...

    i think that chris angeli is at st joseph's college

  7. Re: Retries for backups...

    "Chris Angeli" wrote:

    >Xaneslandofnod isnt george, his name is damian... and as for there being

    another
    >Chris Angeli doing cisco, i very much doubt it.
    >
    >"George" wrote:
    >>
    >>"Chris Angeli" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Bob....
    >>>Is there no way to do it internally...? from bpadm or java..?
    >>>
    >>> Chris

    >>>no

    **** u chris

  8. Re: Retries for backups...

    "Anish Karl" wrote:

    >i think that chris angeli is at st joseph's college

    i think karl oblibogli and anish narayayayayayayan r gay

  9. Re: Retries for backups...

    "jay" wrote:

    >"Chris Angeli" wrote:
    >>
    >>Xaneslandofnod isnt george, his name is damian... and as for there being

    >another
    >>Chris Angeli doing cisco, i very much doubt it.

    >**** u chris

    no **** u KARL OWOYELE

  10. Re: Retries for backups...

    "stefan" wrote:

    >"jay" wrote:
    >>
    >>"Chris Angeli" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Xaneslandofnod isnt george, his name is damian... and as for there being

    >>another
    >>>Chris Angeli doing cisco, i very much doubt it.

    >>**** u chris

    > no **** u KARL OWOYELE

    i am anish and i am a terrorist

  11. Re: Retries for backups...