Upgradte to NB 3.4 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Upgradte to NB 3.4 - Veritas Net Backup ; Getting ready to upgrade NetBackup 3.2 to 3.4. Due to space limitations I will be changing the NetBAckup server. However, I don't want to have to recreate all the classes, pools, schedules, inclusion/.exclusion lists, etc. Can I just copy over ...

  1. Upgradte to NB 3.4

    Getting ready to upgrade NetBackup 3.2 to 3.4. Due to space limitations
    I will be changing the NetBAckup server. However, I don't want to have
    to recreate all the classes, pools, schedules, inclusion/.exclusion
    lists, etc. Can I just copy over openv directory to the new server and
    then upgrade from there? Or would I need to install 3.2 on the new
    server, copy over the germane files and then do the update?

    Jim Adams

  2. Re: Upgradte to NB 3.4

    You will need to install the new machines and import the NBU database into
    the new NBU install. This will be the tape with the most mounts or you can
    find it in the global configuration.

    Good luck,
    Hammer

    "James Adams" wrote in message
    > Getting ready to upgrade NetBackup 3.2 to 3.4. Due to space limitations
    > I will be changing the NetBAckup server. However, I don't want to have
    > to recreate all the classes, pools, schedules, inclusion/.exclusion
    > lists, etc. Can I just copy over openv directory to the new server and
    > then upgrade from there? Or would I need to install 3.2 on the new
    > server, copy over the germane files and then do the update?
    >
    > Jim Adams

+ Reply to Thread