Media Management - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Media Management - Veritas Net Backup ; Running NB 3.4 on Solaris 8 with multiple media servers sharing drives via a SAN. problem: 000558 expired 02/28/2002 18:04 (FROZEN) --> assigned media server: serverabc /opt/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpmedialist -L -U -mcontents -ev 000558 -h serverabc media read error Questions 1) Is ...

  1. Media Management

    Running NB 3.4 on Solaris 8 with multiple media servers sharing drives via a
    SAN.

    problem: 000558 expired 02/28/2002 18:04 (FROZEN) --> assigned media server:
    serverabc

    /opt/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpmedialist -L -U -mcontents -ev
    000558 -h serverabc
    media read error

    Questions

    1) Is there a command line way to move the tape from tape library (can be
    accomplished via bpadm)?
    2) Is there a way to delete the tape from NB via the command line (can be
    accomplished via bpadm)?

    I am trying to automate this process since we have a large tape library.
    Has someone already done this? Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks
    Lawrence Randall

  2. Re: Media Management

    Anything you can do with the GUI can be done with the command line - it's a
    matter of finding out how.

    "Lawrence Randall" wrote in message
    > Running NB 3.4 on Solaris 8 with multiple media servers sharing drives via

    > SAN.
    >
    > problem: 000558 expired 02/28/2002 18:04 (FROZEN) --> assigned media

    server:
    > serverabc
    >
    > /opt/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpmedialist -L -U -mcontents -ev
    > 000558 -h serverabc
    > media read error
    >
    > Questions
    >
    > 1) Is there a command line way to move the tape from tape library (can be
    > accomplished via bpadm)?
    > 2) Is there a way to delete the tape from NB via the command line (can be
    > accomplished via bpadm)?
    >
    > I am trying to automate this process since we have a large tape library.
    > Has someone already done this? Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Lawrence Randall

+ Reply to Thread