Netbackup enviorment whithout Oracle agent - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Netbackup enviorment whithout Oracle agent - Veritas Net Backup ; How could I backup an Oracle db runnig in a Solaris machine if I donīt want to install the Oracle agent?...

  1. Netbackup enviorment whithout Oracle agent

    How could I backup an Oracle db runnig in a Solaris machine if I donīt want
    to install the Oracle agent?

  2. Re: Netbackup enviorment whithout Oracle agent

    Shut the db down
    do a system level backup
    start db

    "ghg" wrote:
    >How could I backup an Oracle db runnig in a Solaris machine if I donīt want
    >to install the Oracle agent?

  3. Re: Netbackup enviorment whithout Oracle agent

    if you can't afford such a prolonged outage you can use the snapshot file
    system as well...

    "Bob Stump" wrote in message

    > Shut the db down
    > do a system level backup
    > start db
    >
    > "ghg" wrote:
    > >How could I backup an Oracle db runnig in a Solaris machine if I donīt

    want
    > >to install the Oracle agent?

  4. Re: Netbackup enviorment whithout Oracle agent

    You could also use "hot" backups in between the cold ones. Use "alter
    tablespace begin backup....alter tablespace end backup". Database still online
    and u can backup tablespaces.

    --
    Joe Mannion
    Dept of Public Safety