upgrade from 3.2 to 3.4 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on upgrade from 3.2 to 3.4 - Veritas Net Backup ; I need to upgrade from NBU 3.2 to 3.4 Datacenter. I have an HP-UX master, (2) DLT silos combined with ACSLS, NT, unix, and netware clients, and we are using the bpvault product for duplication. I am hoping that someone(s) ...

  1. upgrade from 3.2 to 3.4

    I need to upgrade from NBU 3.2 to 3.4 Datacenter. I have an HP-UX master,
    (2) DLT silos combined with ACSLS, NT, unix, and netware clients, and we are
    using the bpvault product for duplication. I am hoping that someone(s) has
    detailed step-by-step instructions on doing this upgrade, along with their
    personal experiences and the gotchas that they encountered. I know that I am
    asking a lot and I may seem unwilling to do the legwork myself, but I have
    been handed this project with a very close deadline. Thanks in advance for
    any and all information offered.

  2. Re: upgrade from 3.2 to 3.4

    Hello Brett,
    There have been numerous posts in this news group and also NetBackup DataCenter
    newsgroup concerning "upgrade".
    I suggest you use the available search engine to read them.
    It is a pretty straight forward procedure as outlined in the Install (upgrade
    section manual.
    Gotchas
    1. all media/master servers need to be at same level
    2. download and install patches as soon as possible
    3. vault dup_param files will need to reflect "nb_version 34"
    4. download configure/install new vault
    VERSION VaultExtension 3.4.0GA
    RELEASEDATE Fri Oct 20 06:28:00 EST 2000
    5. clients upgraded at your leisure.

    You from the Carmel site?
    I visited there a couple of years ago.

    "Brett Jenkins" wrote:
    >I need to upgrade from NBU 3.2 to 3.4 Datacenter. I have an HP-UX master,
    >(2) DLT silos combined with ACSLS, NT, unix, and netware clients, and we

    are
    >using the bpvault product for duplication. I am hoping that someone(s) has
    >detailed step-by-step instructions on doing this upgrade, along with their
    >personal experiences and the gotchas that they encountered. I know that

    I am
    >asking a lot and I may seem unwilling to do the legwork myself, but I have
    >been handed this project with a very close deadline. Thanks in advance for
    >any and all information offered.

  3. Re: upgrade from 3.2 to 3.4

    My big question is what do we do with the bpvault piece of this equation? We
    have been vaulting for 2 years.

    "Brett Jenkins" wrote in message
    > I need to upgrade from NBU 3.2 to 3.4 Datacenter. I have an HP-UX master,
    > (2) DLT silos combined with ACSLS, NT, unix, and netware clients, and we

    are
    > using the bpvault product for duplication. I am hoping that someone(s) has
    > detailed step-by-step instructions on doing this upgrade, along with their
    > personal experiences and the gotchas that they encountered. I know that I

    am
    > asking a lot and I may seem unwilling to do the legwork myself, but I have
    > been handed this project with a very close deadline. Thanks in advance for
    > any and all information offered.

  4. Re: upgrade from 3.2 to 3.4

    The Great Swami predicts:
    You will receive email with download/installation procedures

    "Brett Jenkins" wrote:
    >My big question is what do we do with the bpvault piece of this equation?

    We
    >have been vaulting for 2 years.
    >
    >"Brett Jenkins" wrote in message
    >> I need to upgrade from NBU 3.2 to 3.4 Datacenter. I have an HP-UX master,
    >> (2) DLT silos combined with ACSLS, NT, unix, and netware clients, and

    we
    >are
    >> using the bpvault product for duplication. I am hoping that someone(s)

    has
    >> detailed step-by-step instructions on doing this upgrade, along with their
    >> personal experiences and the gotchas that they encountered. I know that

    >am
    >> asking a lot and I may seem unwilling to do the legwork myself, but I

    have
    >> been handed this project with a very close deadline. Thanks in advance

    for
    >> any and all information offered.

+ Reply to Thread