Is it possible to duplicate backups without extra software? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Is it possible to duplicate backups without extra software? - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi Is it possible to duplicate full backups without the need of extra software? I am currently making full backups of DB servers everyday but also need to put these offsite. I know that NB can duplicate backups but how? ...

  1. Is it possible to duplicate backups without extra software?

    Hi

    Is it possible to duplicate full backups without the need of extra software?
    I am currently making full backups of DB servers everyday but also need to
    put these offsite. I know that NB can duplicate backups but how? My client
    needs to be able to access full backups for a quick restore but also needs
    to know that the tapes are offsite. Any ideas? I'm running NB3.4GA on
    Solaris 7.

    Cheers.

    Jon

  2. Re: Is it possible to duplicate backups without extra software?

    Both the java and X-motif GUI has a image duplicate feature.
    If you want to investigate command line and cron the command is

    # bpduplicate -help
    bpduplicate: -npc -backupid [-client ]
    bpduplicate: [-dstunit ]
    [-p] [-pb] [-PM] [-PD] [-v] [-client ]
    [-Bidfile ]
    [-st ] [-sl ] [-L ]
    [-dp ] [-shost ]
    [-class ] [-s mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss] [-e mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss]
    [-ct ] [-hoursago ] [-cn ]
    [-M master_server] [-altreadhost ]
    [-backupid ] [-id ]
    [-mpx]

    Valid values for sched_type:
    FULL, INCR, CINC, UBAK, UARC, NOT_ARCHIVE

    Valid values for class_type:
    Standard Apollo-wbak NetWare DataTools-SQL-BackTrack
    MS-Windows-NT OS/2 MS-Exchange-Server
    AFS

    Also check out the man page on bpduplicate.

    And....
    The NetBackup sys admin guide has a section on duplicating images.

    "Jon Tsu" wrote:
    >Hi
    >
    >Is it possible to duplicate full backups without the need of extra software?
    >I am currently making full backups of DB servers everyday but also need

    >put these offsite. I know that NB can duplicate backups but how? My client
    >needs to be able to access full backups for a quick restore but also needs
    >to know that the tapes are offsite. Any ideas? I'm running NB3.4GA on
    >Solaris 7.
    >
    >Cheers.
    >
    >Jon

  3. Re: Is it possible to duplicate backups without extra software?

    Thanks.

    ]
    > bpduplicate: [-dstunit ]
    > [-p] [-pb] [-PM] [-PD] [-v] [-client ]
    > [-Bidfile ]
    > [-st ] [-sl ] [-L ]
    > [-dp ] [-shost ]
    > [-class ] [-s mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss] [-e mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss]
    > [-ct ] [-hoursago ] [-cn ]
    > [-M master_server] [-altreadhost ]
    > [-backupid ] [-id ]
    > [-mpx]
    >
    > Valid values for sched_type:
    > FULL, INCR, CINC, UBAK, UARC, NOT_ARCHIVE
    >
    > Valid values for class_type:
    > Standard Apollo-wbak NetWare DataTools-SQL-BackTrack
    > MS-Windows-NT OS/2 MS-Exchange-Server
    > AFS
    >

    > Also check out the man page on bpduplicate.
    >
    > And....
    > The NetBackup sys admin guide has a section on duplicating images.
    >
    > "Jon Tsu" wrote:
    > >Hi
    > >
    > >Is it possible to duplicate full backups without the need of extra

    software?
    > >I am currently making full backups of DB servers everyday but also need

    > >put these offsite. I know that NB can duplicate backups but how? My

    client
    > >needs to be able to access full backups for a quick restore but also

    needs
    > >to know that the tapes are offsite. Any ideas? I'm running NB3.4GA on
    > >Solaris 7.
    > >
    > >Cheers.
    > >
    > >Jon

+ Reply to Thread