Problems When I try to recover a backup - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Problems When I try to recover a backup - Veritas Net Backup ; HI Guys I have a serious problem I tried to get a backup from 4 months ago I saw the report but when I try to get it I didn't see the file list for that day Im Running HPUX ...

  1. Problems When I try to recover a backup

    HI Guys
    I have a serious problem
    I tried to get a backup from 4 months ago
    I saw the report but when I try to get it
    I didn't see the file list for that day
    Im Running HPUX 11

    --
    Those who use databases
    and those who eat sausages

  2. Re: Problems When I try to recover a backup

    1../bpadm
    r (report)
    m (media content )
    choose the media containing the backup and then run the report ,the report will give you a vital information the backup id <11111111.toto>
    then in your master server search for a file with the same name
    now two outcome
    1.the file is found,we will need to go through different step to check if issue is GUI related or anything else
    2. The file (backup_id) was not found on the master server
    you will have to import the media

    "Edgar Alejandro Rios Jacques" wrote in message news:3C50CD8C.C936257B@televisa.com.mx...
    HI Guys
    I have a serious problem
    I tried to get a backup from 4 months ago
    I saw the report but when I try to get it
    I didn't see the file list for that day
    Im Running HPUX 11

    --
    Those who use databases
    and those who eat sausages
    would be much better off
    if neither knew
    how either was made.
    AD ASTRA PER ASPERA
    Certified Sybase Professional DBA for ASE 12.0
    Teléfono 52612000
    ext 11850
    "Think in the incredible and take a chance of the impossible"

  3. Re: Problems When I try to recover a backup

    What about links?
    Have you tried both resolve and DON'T resolve links for the search directory?

    Did you set the range of dates?
    The default is to list the last FULL backup and all incrementals.

    Did you set view "Only most recent backup date"?

    Did you set your directory depth?
    The default is 2. Set it to 0 (zero) to get everything below

    =

    *

    "Edgar Alejandro Rios Jacques" < > href=3D"mailto:eriosj@televisa.com.mx">eriosj@televisa.com.mx> =
    >wrote in=20
    > message > =
    >href=3D"news:3C50CD8C.C936257B@televisa.com.mx">news:3C50CD8C.C936257B@te=
    >levisa.com.mx...
    HI=20
    > Guys
    I have a serious problem
    I tried to get a backup from 4 =
    >months=20
    > ago
    I saw the report but when I try to get it
    I didn't see the

    =
    >file=20
    > list for that day
    Im Running HPUX 11
    *
    --*
    >Those who use databases
    >and those who eat sausages
    >would be much better off
    >if neither knew
    >how either was made.
    >AD ASTRA PER ASPERA
    >Certified Sybase Professional DBA for ASE 12.0
    >Tel=E9fono 52612000
    >ext 11850
    >"Think in the incredible and take a chance of the =
    >impossible"
    *=20

+ Reply to Thread