Can there be a Solaris8 client ? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Can there be a Solaris8 client ? - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello, We have a setup at our place in which we have NetBackup 3.2GA on Sun E220 having Solaris 2.6 . A L20 Tape Library is attached to it and connected are 7 client's of Solaris 2.6 . We want ...

  1. Can there be a Solaris8 client ?

    Hello,

    We have a setup at our place in which we have NetBackup 3.2GA on
    Sun E220 having Solaris 2.6 . A L20 Tape Library is attached to
    it and connected are 7 client's of Solaris 2.6 . We want to take
    a Sun Server F280 with Solaris8 on it. If we purchase a Solaris8
    client for NetBackup then can it be used in our environment ?

    Thanks & Best Regards.

    Mantosh

  2. Re: Can there be a Solaris8 client ?

    solaris 8 client is supported under netbackup 3.4

    "Mantosh Kharkar" wrote in message

    > Hello,
    >
    > We have a setup at our place in which we have NetBackup 3.2GA on
    > Sun E220 having Solaris 2.6 . A L20 Tape Library is attached to
    > it and connected are 7 client's of Solaris 2.6 . We want to take
    > a Sun Server F280 with Solaris8 on it. If we purchase a Solaris8
    > client for NetBackup then can it be used in our environment ?
    >
    > Thanks & Best Regards.
    >
    > Mantosh

+ Reply to Thread