user backup with bpbackup and ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on user backup with bpbackup and ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES - Veritas Net Backup ; NetBackup DataCentre 3.4 I've got a UNIX client backup running on a schedule using ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES in the file list and it works fine. Now I'd like to change it to a user backup and invoke bpbackup using cron on the ...

  1. user backup with bpbackup and ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES

    NetBackup DataCentre 3.4

    I've got a UNIX client backup running on a schedule using ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES
    in the file list and it works fine.

    Now I'd like to change it to a user backup and invoke bpbackup using cron on
    the client and specify ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES but it doesn't seem to recognize the
    keyword as valid.

    Here's the command I'm using on the client:

    /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpbackup -c EIS_ORACLE_IMAGE -s Weekly_image
    ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES

    The client terminates soon after and the activity monitor indicates error
    71 - none of the files in the file list exist

    The log file in the error directory on the server says

    origin bpsched client origin handling path /usr/people/root/ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES
    origin bpbrm from client origin: TRV - Cannot process path
    /usr/people/root/ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES: No such file or directory. Skipping.

    which is obvious.

    Is there a way to in fact have bpbackup on the client use ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES
    as the file list?

    Thanks

    Curtis Rempel

  2. Re: user backup with bpbackup and ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES

    what about specifying the directive in the class level
    then just running the bpbkar -c -s -h -S

    "Curtis Rempel" wrote in message
    > NetBackup DataCentre 3.4
    >
    > I've got a UNIX client backup running on a schedule using ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES
    > in the file list and it works fine.
    >
    > Now I'd like to change it to a user backup and invoke bpbackup using cron

    on
    > the client and specify ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES but it doesn't seem to recognize

    the
    > keyword as valid.
    >
    > Here's the command I'm using on the client:
    >
    > /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpbackup -c EIS_ORACLE_IMAGE -s Weekly_image
    > ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES
    >
    > The client terminates soon after and the activity monitor indicates error
    > 71 - none of the files in the file list exist
    >
    > The log file in the error directory on the server says
    >
    > origin bpsched client origin handling path

    /usr/people/root/ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES
    > origin bpbrm from client origin: TRV - Cannot process path
    > /usr/people/root/ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES: No such file or directory. Skipping.
    >
    > which is obvious.
    >
    > Is there a way to in fact have bpbackup on the client use ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES
    > as the file list?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Curtis Rempel

+ Reply to Thread