Compatibility between DLT7000 and DLT8000 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Compatibility between DLT7000 and DLT8000 - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi everybody, Does anyone know if it is possible to read (for restore purposes) a tape that has been written by a DLT8000 drive (Sun L9) into a DLT7000 drive (Sun L280)? Thanks in advance, Loris Serena mailto:lserena@wolfegroup.ie...

  1. Compatibility between DLT7000 and DLT8000

    Hi everybody,

    Does anyone know if it is possible to read (for restore purposes) a tape
    that has been written by a DLT8000 drive (Sun L9) into a DLT7000 drive (Sun
    L280)?

    Thanks in advance,

    Loris Serena
    mailto:lserena@wolfegroup.ie

  2. Re: Compatibility between DLT7000 and DLT8000

    "Loris Serena" wrote:

    >Hi everybody,
    >
    >Does anyone know if it is possible to read (for restore purposes) a tape
    >that has been written by a DLT8000 drive (Sun L9) into a DLT7000 drive (Sun
    >L280)?
    >
    >Thanks in advance,
    >
    >Loris Serena
    >mailto:lserena@wolfegroup.ie

    According to some research I did on this very topic, it is not possible to
    use a DLT700 drive to read a tape created on a DLT8000. These are backward
    (but not forward) compatible. You need to use a DLT8000 drive...

+ Reply to Thread