how do i change frozen media state to normal use - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on how do i change frozen media state to normal use - Veritas Net Backup ; hi everyone, i have a problem with veritas media manager version 3.4 some of the volumes are frozen state in my robot and netbackup keeps it indefinitely and can restore from it but not use it for further backups and ...

  1. how do i change frozen media state to normal use

    hi everyone,

    i have a problem with veritas media manager version 3.4

    some of the volumes are frozen state in my robot and netbackup keeps it
    indefinitely and can restore from it but not use it for further backups and
    archives,

    and i dont know why my volumes are in frozen state, i could not find the
    problem, are there any way to change volume state from frozen to normal
    state

    please help

    ömer aköz

  2. Re: how do i change frozen media state to normal use

    ../netbackup/bin/bpmedia -unfreeze -ev mediaid
    to find the reason why the media is frozen :
    mkdir /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bptm
    then the system log should provide further details ,usually media get frozen
    because :
    - media issue (tape damaged )
    - hardware issue ,tape drive dirty or damaged
    - misconfiguration (/kernel/drv/st.conf )

    "Omer Akoz" wrote in message
    > hi everyone,
    >
    > i have a problem with veritas media manager version 3.4
    >
    > some of the volumes are frozen state in my robot and netbackup keeps it
    > indefinitely and can restore from it but not use it for further backups

    and
    > archives,
    >
    > and i dont know why my volumes are in frozen state, i could not find the
    > problem, are there any way to change volume state from frozen to normal
    > state
    >
    > please help
    >
    > ömer aköz

+ Reply to Thread