Duplication of DLT Tapes - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Duplication of DLT Tapes - Veritas Net Backup ; How do you duplicate archive tapes with Veritas so you have an exact duplicate off site? What is needed? What process is there in the software if any. I haven't been able to find any- thing in the books or ...

  1. Duplication of DLT Tapes

    How do you duplicate archive tapes with Veritas so you have
    an exact duplicate off site? What is needed? What process
    is there in the software if any. I haven't been able to find any-
    thing in the books or databases. What are other people
    doing for off site disaster insurance. Thanks for any help
    you can give me!!

  2. Re: Duplication of DLT Tapes

    Have u checked out the Vault product from Veritas?

    --
    Joe Mannion
    Dept of Public Safety

  3. Re: Duplication of DLT Tapes

    mike K wrote:

    > How do you duplicate archive tapes with Veritas so you have
    > an exact duplicate off site? What is needed? What process
    > is there in the software if any. I haven't been able to find any-
    > thing in the books or databases. What are other people
    > doing for off site disaster insurance. Thanks for any help
    > you can give me!!

    Check out the bpduplicate command. Create a session_notify script to run
    after the backup is finished and call bpduplicate with the required
    parameters.

+ Reply to Thread