Backing up raw devices - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Backing up raw devices - Veritas Net Backup ; Can I wild card the raw devives in the files list such as "/dev/vx/rdsk/datadg/*" (when using VxVM)? If so, do I have you allow cross mount points? ...... or do I have to specify them indiviually? Thanks...

  1. Backing up raw devices

    Can I wild card the raw devives in the files list such as "/dev/vx/rdsk/datadg/*"
    (when using VxVM)? If so, do I have you allow cross mount points? ......
    or do I have to specify them indiviually?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Backing up raw devices

    OK, OK...... rtfm

    No wild cards aloud and I have to specify the full device (eg. address "/dev/vx/rdsk/datadg/datas30"
    (for example).

    Cross mount points has no effect....

+ Reply to Thread