Tape Density to Use - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Tape Density to Use - Veritas Net Backup ; I'm running Netbackup 3.2 on a Sun 4500, Solaris 7 with an L1000 attached. We are using DLT IV tapes with 35GB/70GB capacity. en it was installed it was configured in NB as type DLT2. I was told that this ...

  1. Tape Density to Use

    I'm running Netbackup 3.2 on a Sun 4500, Solaris 7 with an L1000
    attached. We are using DLT IV tapes with 35GB/70GB capacity. en it was
    installed it was configured in NB as type DLT2. I was told that this
    should be changed to type DLT in order to use the full capacity of the
    tapes. I've been over the Sun and Veritas sites but cannot find
    anything germane about tape density and which type to set the
    configuration to. Any suggestions?

    Jim Adams
    jadams@aoc.gov

    --

  2. Re: Tape Density to Use

    it should be configured as dlt ,use the other density if you have different
    type of dlt to bee used on the same media server or library ,then you can
    differentiate them by using dlt 2 3 ,tc...

    El Zorro

    "James Adams" wrote in message
    > I'm running Netbackup 3.2 on a Sun 4500, Solaris 7 with an L1000
    > attached. We are using DLT IV tapes with 35GB/70GB capacity. en it was
    > installed it was configured in NB as type DLT2. I was told that this
    > should be changed to type DLT in order to use the full capacity of the
    > tapes. I've been over the Sun and Veritas sites but cannot find
    > anything germane about tape density and which type to set the
    > configuration to. Any suggestions?
    >
    > Jim Adams
    > jadams@aoc.gov
    >
    > --