Can't see any Linux client on my NetBackup 3.2 xbpadm - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Can't see any Linux client on my NetBackup 3.2 xbpadm - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello everyone, How can I add the Linux client sw on a NetBackup 3.2 server? It is not listed in xbpadm... Thanks in advance for your help, Loris Serena mailto:lserena@wolfegroup.ie...

  1. Can't see any Linux client on my NetBackup 3.2 xbpadm

    Hello everyone,

    How can I add the Linux client sw on a NetBackup 3.2 server?
    It is not listed in xbpadm...

    Thanks in advance for your help,

    Loris Serena
    mailto:lserena@wolfegroup.ie

  2. Re: Can't see any Linux client on my NetBackup 3.2 xbpadm

    run the install script from the media cd ,you will be asked which binairies
    client you want to install ,select linux ...

    El zorro

    "Loris Serena" wrote in message

    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > How can I add the Linux client sw on a NetBackup 3.2 server?
    > It is not listed in xbpadm...
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help,
    >
    > Loris Serena
    > mailto:lserena@wolfegroup.ie

  3. Re: Can't see any Linux client on my NetBackup 3.2 xbpadm

    From your original install CD, you should have told it to install for
    Linux clients. But on that CD, you should be able to find the directory
    for Linux/RedHat.

    Check your server to see if this directory exists:

    /usr/openv/netbackup/client/Linux/RedHat

    Thats where it should be if during install someone had told it to set
    for Linux clients. If not there, think you can cheat and create it and
    copy the files from the install disk.

    Anyway, thats where it needs to be for it to show up as a possible OS
    option.

    --
    Craig Danyi

+ Reply to Thread