Please Tell mt about frozen!!!11 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Please Tell mt about frozen!!!11 - Veritas Net Backup ; who knows about frozen's mean. when i fount frozen media, i usually execute bpmedia and bpexpdate command. but next time i can see frozen tape again. so i want to know how to appear. Please Tell me .. if someone ...

  1. Please Tell mt about frozen!!!11

    who knows about frozen's mean.
    when i fount frozen media, i usually execute bpmedia and bpexpdate command.
    but next time i can see frozen tape again.
    so i want to know how to appear.
    Please Tell me .. if someone know it.
    Thank you ... Have a nice day.!!

  2. Re: Please Tell mt about frozen!!!11

    Hi.

    Don't use air condition.

    NetBackup freezes media e.g. if there are too much errors with the media,
    or if it is not allowed to overwrite the media.

    Check the logs for the reason (Report, Media Log Entries).

    If you bpexpdate the media you delete all the backups, but I hope you know
    what you are doing.

    Have fun

    joerg

    "Moung" wrote:

    >who knows about frozen's mean.
    >when i fount frozen media, i usually execute bpmedia and bpexpdate command.
    >but next time i can see frozen tape again.
    >so i want to know how to appear.
    >Please Tell me .. if someone know it.
    >Thank you ... Have a nice day.!!

  3. Re: Please Tell mt about frozen!!!11

    If tape gets frozen more than once you might want to consider just trashing it
    - why risk losing data for cheap tapes - also if multiple different tapes are
    being frozen you might want to check your drives - maybe errors there or need
    cleaning.

    --
    Joe Mannion
    Dept of Public Safety