Vault - What is it? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Vault - What is it? - Veritas Net Backup ; can anyone tell me please? I want to have expiry dates longer on the offsite copies than the onsite copies.... I see previous posts regarding this have advised to use Vault instead of writing scripts in house....

  1. Vault - What is it?

    can anyone tell me please?

    I want to have expiry dates longer on the offsite copies than the onsite
    copies.... I see previous posts regarding this have advised to use Vault
    instead of writing scripts in house.

  2. Re: Vault - What is it?

    There are a set of scripts available from Veritas called BPVault.
    These are normally installed as part of a consultation from
    Veritas (so that they can customise the configuration), but I
    put it in myself.

    BPVault allows you to cron a bpduplicate command that duplicates
    all images as specified and can change the expiry date on these
    duplicated images. It also keeps track of offsite media and
    generates a report on expired tapes that need to come back on
    site. It works quite well, but can sometimes be slow. Make sure
    that you have very little multiplexing during your backups to
    ensure quicker reads during the duplication.

    "robm" wrote:

    >can anyone tell me please?
    >
    >I want to have expiry dates longer on the offsite copies than the onsite
    >copies.... I see previous posts regarding this have advised to use Vault
    >instead of writing scripts in house.

+ Reply to Thread