Multiple clients to same tape drive - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Multiple clients to same tape drive - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, Is it possible that multiple classes' clients go to the same tape drive on the tape library ? If yes, then how do we set it up. Thanks. Ketan....

  1. Multiple clients to same tape drive

    Hi,

    Is it possible that multiple classes' clients go to the same tape drive on
    the tape library ? If yes, then how do we set it up.

    Thanks.

    Ketan.

  2. Re: Multiple clients to same tape drive

    Yes, if you want all clients in a class to go to one tape drive.
    Depends what you mean. If you want multiple classes to point
    at the same tape drive, then you just configure a storage unit
    that contains that drive, and make that the storage unit for those classes.
    If you are trying to get individual clients from
    multiple classes, then I don't believe you can specify that kind
    of granularity. The storage unit to be used is at a Class level.

    "Ketan Shah" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Is it possible that multiple classes' clients go to the same tape drive

    on
    >the tape library ? If yes, then how do we set it up.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Ketan.

+ Reply to Thread