Cannot connect to vmd.. - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Cannot connect to vmd.. - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi all I am configuring veritas for the first time. Software is loaded on solaris 2.6 on server1. I am trying to add tape drive on unix server2. When i tried to open host server2 in device management window i ...

  1. Cannot connect to vmd..

    Hi all
    I am configuring veritas for the first time. Software is loaded on solaris
    2.6 on server1. I am trying to add tape drive on unix server2. When i tried
    to open host server2 in device management window i get the message
    could not start oprd on host server2.cannot connect to vmd.
    How can i start oprd and vmd on another host.
    Please help

  2. Re: Cannot connect to vmd..

    /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/ltid -v . The -v means verbose and is for logging.
    No need to start oprd. It is launched by ltid and is only used for the
    Device gui. You can also run /etc/rc2.d/SXXnetbackup start script. I can
    never remembe rthe name because I always use ltid and initbprd to start the
    processes.

    james

    "Amod Ozarkar" wrote in message

    > Hi all
    > I am configuring veritas for the first time. Software is loaded on solaris
    > 2.6 on server1. I am trying to add tape drive on unix server2. When i

    tried
    > to open host server2 in device management window i get the message
    > could not start oprd on host server2.cannot connect to vmd.
    > How can i start oprd and vmd on another host.
    > Please help

  3. Re: Cannot connect to vmd..

    "James" wrote:
    >/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/ltid -v . The -v means verbose and is for logging.
    >No need to start oprd. It is launched by ltid and is only used for the
    >Device gui. You can also run /etc/rc2.d/SXXnetbackup start script. I can
    >never remembe rthe name because I always use ltid and initbprd to start

    the
    >processes.
    >
    >james
    >

    >"Amod Ozarkar" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi all
    >> I am configuring veritas for the first time. Software is loaded on solaris
    >> 2.6 on server1. I am trying to add tape drive on unix server2. When i

    >tried
    >> to open host server2 in device management window i get the message
    >> could not start oprd on host server2.cannot connect to vmd.
    >> How can i start oprd and vmd on another host.
    >> Please help

    What is the exact definition of OPRD -- is it just a GUI Operations Daemon?
    Im new and unable to locate it in the manuals so far. Any page reference
    or definition for OPRD SOCKFD would be appreciated.

    Peter Mathes
    petermathes@hotmail.com

  4. Re: Cannot connect to vmd..

    "Peter Mathes" wrote:

    >"James" wrote:
    >>/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/ltid -v . The -v means verbose and is for logging.
    >>No need to start oprd. It is launched by ltid and is only used for the
    >>Device gui. You can also run /etc/rc2.d/SXXnetbackup start script. I

    can
    >>never remembe rthe name because I always use ltid and initbprd to start

    >the
    >>processes.
    >>
    >>james
    >>

    >>"Amod Ozarkar" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Hi all
    >>> I am configuring veritas for the first time. Software is loaded on solaris
    >>> 2.6 on server1. I am trying to add tape drive on unix server2. When i

    >>tried
    >>> to open host server2 in device management window i get the message
    >>> could not start oprd on host server2.cannot connect to vmd.
    >>> How can i start oprd and vmd on another host.
    >>> Please help

    >What is the exact definition of OPRD -- is it just a GUI Operations Daemon?
    > Im new and unable to locate it in the manuals so far. Any page reference
    >or definition for OPRD SOCKFD would be appreciated.
    >
    >Peter Mathes
    >petermathes@hotmail.com

+ Reply to Thread