Changing the Master's IP address - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Changing the Master's IP address - Veritas Net Backup ; Hiya, running 3.2 on solaris2.6. I need to physically move my master server and by doing so, I need to change its IP address. Is there anything more than just updating the DNS and rebooting the machine? I have not ...

  1. Changing the Master's IP address

    Hiya, running 3.2 on solaris2.6. I need to physically move
    my master server and by doing so, I need to change its IP address.
    Is there anything more than just updating the DNS and rebooting
    the machine? I have not found any good documentation on this.

    Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

    -greg

  2. Re: Changing the Master's IP address

    If you aren't changing the hostname, it's a snap. NBU will only ever care
    about the hostname of the master, not the IP.

    James

    "greg" wrote in message news:3a92cbb0@hronntp01....

    > Hiya, running 3.2 on solaris2.6. I need to physically move
    > my master server and by doing so, I need to change its IP address.
    > Is there anything more than just updating the DNS and rebooting
    > the machine? I have not found any good documentation on this.
    >
    > Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > -greg

+ Reply to Thread