Storage Unit Configuration - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Storage Unit Configuration - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi! I am wondering if someone could help me with the configuration of the storage units? My problem is that I configure a storage unit of 8 drives, contain within a Storedgetek L700, so when I have to restore some ...

  1. Storage Unit Configuration

    Hi!

    I am wondering if someone could help me with the configuration of the
    storage units?

    My problem is that I configure a storage unit of 8 drives, contain within a
    Storedgetek L700, so when I have to restore some images, during a busy
    backup window, I can't get a drive to restore them. So, I need to know how
    can I assign some drives to the purpose of restoring?

    Please help me!!!!

    Jerome Boutin
    Microcell i5 Inc.
    Network Administrator

  2. Re: Storage Unit Configuration

    Hi!

    Just set the attribute "Number of drives" to the number of concurrent
    drives you want to use for backup and the rest of your drives will be
    available for Restore operations.

    /Marcus

    Jerome Boutin wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > I am wondering if someone could help me with the configuration of the
    > storage units?
    >
    > My problem is that I configure a storage unit of 8 drives, contain within a
    > Storedgetek L700, so when I have to restore some images, during a busy
    > backup window, I can't get a drive to restore them. So, I need to know how
    > can I assign some drives to the purpose of restoring?
    >
    > Please help me!!!!
    >
    > Jerome Boutin
    > Microcell i5 Inc.
    > Network Administrator