STK 9840 drives, can't use dd or tar command on master server - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on STK 9840 drives, can't use dd or tar command on master server - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi all, Is there anyone who has an idea for the reason that why I can not use dd or tar command on netbackup master server (NBU is 3.4 and, solaris 2.6) After starting these commands, process suspends and drives ...

  1. STK 9840 drives, can't use dd or tar command on master server

    Hi all,
    Is there anyone who has an idea for the reason that why I can not use
    dd or tar command on netbackup master server (NBU is 3.4 and, solaris
    2.6) After starting these commands, process suspends and drives become
    %100 busy actually doing nothing.

    thanks all
    regards
    Evrim

    Evrim Tekesin
    Technical Consultant
    GANPRO IT SOLUTIONS
    Alemdag C. Hanimseti S. N: 35 / 37
    81180, Kisikli, Istanbul, TURKIYE

    Phone: (+90) 216-521 3993 (PBX) ext: 116
    Fax: (+90) 216-521 3998
    Email: Evrim.Tekesin@ganpro.com

  2. Re: STK 9840 drives, can't use dd or tar command on master server

    Is it something to do with having the NBU daemons running - which actually
    control the tape drives - thus blocking basic system commands getting to
    them???Anyone else??

    Evrim Tekesin wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > Is there anyone who has an idea for the reason that why I can not use
    > dd or tar command on netbackup master server (NBU is 3.4 and, solaris
    > 2.6) After starting these commands, process suspends and drives become
    > %100 busy actually doing nothing.
    >
    > thanks all
    > regards
    > Evrim
    > --
    >
    > Evrim Tekesin
    > Technical Consultant
    > GANPRO IT SOLUTIONS
    > Alemdag C. Hanimseti S. N: 35 / 37
    > 81180, Kisikli, Istanbul, TURKIYE
    >
    > Phone: (+90) 216-521 3993 (PBX) ext: 116
    > Fax: (+90) 216-521 3998
    > Email: Evrim.Tekesin@ganpro.com

    Joe Mannion
    Dept of Public Safety