NBU 3.2 and Solaris8 restore fails - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on NBU 3.2 and Solaris8 restore fails - Veritas Net Backup ; I am running Solaris 8 and NBU 3.2. The release notes that came w/ the package said to get the Veritas Jumbo patch or, for Sun users, to get the latest 108261 patch (108261-05). This is applied. Backups run fine, ...

  1. NBU 3.2 and Solaris8 restore fails

    I am running Solaris 8 and NBU 3.2. The release notes that came w/ the
    package said to get the Veritas Jumbo patch or, for Sun users, to get the
    latest 108261 patch (108261-05). This is applied.

    Backups run fine, but when I try a restore, it fails with exit code 5. When
    you look at the bprd log you will see the following:

    23:11:13 [5545] <2> getsockconnected: host=ugacvm2 service=bpdbm
    address=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx protocol=tcp non-reserved port=13721

    (I substituted the xxx in the address)

    I will get multiple entries of the one above and eventually I will get one
    with a code of 16 that says something like "getsockconnected: timed out"

    Any hints ?

  2. Re: NBU 3.2 and Solaris8 restore fails

    Not that I know a super lot about this but you might want to check the network
    configuration in the machine - is there any conflict with DNS names/IP
    addresses? There are some utilities that might help:

    -ping the IP address and the DNS name - make sure the replies are what you
    expect.
    -bpcllist (?)
    -bpclntcmd

    there are parameters to be used with these commands (sorry can't find my notes
    about them)

    Maybe check that the client type is correct (is there a solaris 8 client
    install that you have done)

    Anyway not much help but if others have thoughts please dump them here!

    --
    Joe Mannion
    Dept of Public Safety

+ Reply to Thread